Monday, February 5, 2018

Why I Blog?

Photo: Mashable
I was once asked about this. There really is no special reason why I blog other than the fact that I just need an outlet to express myself. This platform gives me that opportunity. I'm not a professional writer but I love reading other bloggers thoughts & experiences. In return, it makes me want to share my own. It gives me courage to share information or voice out my opinion regarding certain things. And no, I'm not earning anything from this. This is just a hobby; something that I enjoy doing from time to time.

I've been blogging since 2004 during the time when Friendster was still a well-known social media website. After that, I transferred my blog to different blogging platforms like Tabulas, Multiply, Tumblr & Wordpress but Blogger will always be my favorite. My very first blog here was posted around 2007, if I'm not mistaken. But due to my fickle-mindedness, I ended up deleting every blog I made for the past 10 years. And now, here I am again, starting anew.

So why do I keep blogging again & again?

Well, blogging makes me happy especially when a post of mine can help others or I'm able to help someone with the information I share. I can still remember the thank-you messages I received in the past few years from strangers who found my blog helpful in some ways. I also remember the feeling of meeting like-minded friends online. Also, blogging de-stresses me from my mental chaotic rumblings. It gives me a venue to express myself. It also helps me become a better writer.

I'm the type of person who keeps a journal since high school. I like to write my thoughts but I was always hesitant of sharing it. With the advancement of technology, blogging is a new way to express your thoughts. You can share it with the world & can still be anonymous, if preferred. It's great. But like all great things, all bloggers also have to learn how to be responsible with the things they post or share. And if you try to blog, you always have to keep that in mind.

Also, there are so many things a person can get when blogging - may it by monetary means if you prefer to blog professionally, an additional knowledge, a new friend from the interactions you've had, or a new skill/idea that you learned from someone else's blog posts. It all just depends on how you want your blogging life to be - personal or business.

The keyword is passion. 

If you want to blog for a living, be passionate enough to do it. If you just want to blog to express your views or as an outlet for your bottled emotions, regardless if you don't have many readers or followers, be passionate about it. Because you never know, someone might be able to read your post that could relate to your views, help them with the information you share, or make them feel good overall.

Blogging is both fulfilling & rewarding if you know how to do it right.

P.S.

For those who want to try, there are so many blogging platforms available out there. Find your favorite site, customize it & start blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a personal blog so thoughtful & honest constructive comments will be very much appreciated.

If you'll just trash talk & disrespect people in this section, please just leave.

Spammers will be reported & blocked.